Monday, December 27, 2010

pale mid-December dusk wander-browse

I remember as a child, as a teenager, and at times, as an adult just wandering.  No purpose, no map. With family or with a friend -off to discover what was off the beaten path, where the weeds grow...Under piers, behind strip malls, cemetaries, civil war battle sites, the woods behind my house, random college campus', and so on and on...
I have many fond memories discovering places, seeking random adventure.

One afternoon, I take my son to a local playground.  Noone is about and it's quiet. There is snow and ice on the ground but that doesn't slow us down (or turn us around!)...I think of families in New England, Canada, Minnesota...

I'm sure they embrace their children/childhood no matter what the weather.

And my son, whose mind hasn't been stood up by his imagination wanders down to the water.


to see the boats!


to see the TRUCKS!


Someone else *also* has the right idea.  WANDER ON, little friend.


All boats gone fishin'.  See you in the spring!



"Mama!  Broke!  Broke! Oh...fix..."

ducks, crab cages, and weathered docks


We see/discover so much, when I follow my leader...

still?

always...

No comments: