Saturday, December 18, 2010

to pink eye or not to pink eye

Most, if not all,  parents have experienced the issue of sickness in a child.  And when one sends their child to daycare/preschool one might expect an increase of dis-ease.

I've been very lucky that I have myself a healthy child.  Aside from the occasional snotty nose/cough case, Milo hasn't had so much as a fever.  Knock on wood, of course.  I really empathize with those parents who have had case after case of high fever, strep throat, ear infection and whathaveyou with their child(ren).

So when my daycare calls me to please pick up your child, he has pink eye...I'm on it.  And Fast.  Because, well, I have to be.

I take him to the doc...and guess what...no pink eye.

I shrug it off, no big deal, false alarm...it's cool...

One week later I get the phone call:  Please come pick up your child, he has pink eye.  For real this time.  So I rush rush and call out of work for the next day and make that doc appointment.

Guess what.  He doesn't have pink eye.

It's a simple case of NOTHING. AGAIN.

Now, I really would like to maintain my rep of being one of the cool parents. 

"Milo's mom is so NICE.  She's so laid back!  We are so blessed to have such great parents!" (and that was said verbatim...thankyouverymuch)

But really?  I'm beyond the whole "well at least he's healthy! It's good to be on the safe side!" blahblahblah because I am, lets say...very frustrated...

Because I'm losing LOTS of money on this whole leave work early/ call out of work/ drive 45 minutes to his doctor/ still paying for a full week of daycare when he isn't even there SAGA.

Because if they are going to call me everytime he sneezes or rubs his eyes, things are going to get the opposite of laid back...

2 comments:

Minivan Lover said...

2 fake me out Pink eye calls =stink eye from mama Lyns

On the upside, I bet they are super on point before they call you again about something like this :)

Mad Mrs. E said...

haha! How much you wanna bet??!! ;)