Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Viva NYC

You didn't think for my husb's 30th bday that I would just post a sappy little thing on the blog and then we'd hunker down with a 2 year old playing with trains and boogers then make some spaghetti and garlic bread and afterwards do the bath, story, and so to bed young one, now we can watch a nice romantic comedy then *yawn* *stretch*  "I hope you enjoyed your birthday sweetie *kiss* nighty night..."

I don't freakin' think so...we went to NEW YORK CITY!!!

We took a bus out of D.C. straight away into Manhattan. 

Where they dropped us off in front of:

Turns out this is a very popular area.

And so is:
Times Square! Which is basically one big advertisment. Well, lots of advertisments in bigness and lights.  Lots of flashing neon advertisments going on...in bigness.

We also visited the MoMa. Paintings, photography, sculpture, architecture -a modern art lover's wet dream museum!

 
  The windows!! Yay! Framing my BFF and Husb! Yay!

Henri "bad-ass" Matisse!  I'm a huge fan of modern art...and it was very cool to see some original Matisse, Picasso, Van Gogh and-and-and...!

I'm with this guy. Again! In front of a window with a loverly view of the city! Yay! (can you tell I really loved this window?)

and there was also some Empire State Building visiting action...I've never been up there at night, and boy, what a view...

...including the 2 beams of light indicating where the Twin Towers once stood. Breathtaking!

  The cast of Brooklyn Bound Debauchery. AKA: Roomies on a train.
Thanks for letting us take over and trash your pad stay with you guys!

Ah, New York...what a great city to celebrate your 30th birthday!


Grand Central Station.  Also turns out to be a busy place. Huh.


Sushi...


French food...

chocolate brunch!

A country girl in the City. I so excite!

Keepin' up the the Dorkashians...(I might be a tourist)

I'm not topless.  Seriously.

And where was the little guy?

in very good hands...

And that's how you do a birthday!!

No comments: