My husband-guy periodically leaves for very important top secret missions. I probe him as to the particulars, but he's a sucker for his security clearance. Which I'm okay with, because it pays my bills.
haha.
Yes, he knew he was marrying someone with $25,000 worth of student loans. And maybe a credit card with a balance that included 4 zeros.
Anygolddigger, when he does these "business trips" I am forced to find my inner single parent energy. Fortunately, I was able to score some shifts at work and I could really play the whole single working parent gig. Unfortch, that leaves a pile of trash, laundry, and dishes. AND, I miss my naps.
So when I get a parking ticket AND get backed into by an SU-fucking-V within 45 minutes of each other, I am also forced to find my inner WHATTHE FUCKITY FUCK I DON'T DEAL WITH THIS SHIT WHERE IS MY HUSBAND calm-casual superwoman-ness.
The lady that backed up into me (haha) was supercool as we exchanged car insurance info. I almost wanted to see if she wanted to go get a Margarita and an appetizer afterwards. But I had the kid and well, y'know... Meanwhile, Milosis was in his car seat, having a less-than pleasant sniffle. I guess a big jolt to the car while mama is not in it, can terrify a 2 year old.
(quick story: We were parked at a gas station. I got out of the car to pump gas. As I inserted my credit card, I heard a big BANG. That would be my bumper getting french-kissed)
So when we got home I did what any normal person who just got backed up into would do.
"Call the insurance company to file a claim?"
Oh, no, not this girl. I rearranged the living room.
I could insert all the excuses (dinner, gym-tan-laundry, spider webs), but honestly, I just didn't feel like dealing with it.
(you hear that? that's the sound of my husb shaking his head, rolling his eyes and sighing)
The next morning, I got a call from the car insurance company -it rhymes with Fate Charm. Fortunately, the whole thing will be covered by the lady's liability, along with a rental car and blah blah blah.
When I hung up with them I thought, "maybe I should ask them if/when this whole deal will expire. Because I'd like to rearrange my bedroom next and I just don't feel like dealing with the whole -get my car fixed- thing."
Moral of this story: Don't park behind a vehicle that is bigger than yours at a gas station right after you get a parking ticket for parking in the wrong spot AND an expired employee parking permit. ALL while your spouse is out of town and you really need to take out the trash/laundry/think of what frozen dinner you'll throw in the oven tonight.
And entertain a 2 year old.
Also? My hat is OFF to those who truely juggle the single/working/parent thing.

5 comments:
funny as usual. you need to turn this shit into a book.
expired employee parking permit? geeze those things have NO shelf life. Glad alls well (mostly). Can't wait to see the new-new-new-new living room arrangement.
BBD: thanks!! you is too-too kind!
ML: I've only been working for like 7 months...and it's already expired. LOAD OF SHIT. Come over, we'll drink some Luda wine!! ;)
NOW she gets the single parent working thing...and all that therapy, what a waste...
M: totally!! ;)
Post a Comment