Thursday, September 30, 2010

Fall is ON!!


Last year I did not partake in the pumpkin patch-hay ridin'-farm lovin' festivals that infiltrate this here country side east of the Mississippi.  This year -OH HELL YEAH!  Bring it on FARMER JOE!

We went to Montpelier Farms.  A very hip place for the young and the young at heart. Milo and the husb were not the biggest fans of the corn maze, but it was cool, so I made them walk through it. Like a good mother/wife.

The hay maze was much more their comfort level. Lame Simple, but more comfortable...;)

The biggest hit was the big 'ol bouncy house.  He went in twice.  If we had the yard, THIS would SO be in the budget!!


Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! It's like Disneyland!  But more "rustic." And less Mickey.


Hey, hay ride! Milo grabbed daddy's hand saying, "tractor, tractor, tractor!" He actually kept himself seated throughout the whole ride, which toured the entire farm.


This years maze theme is "Salute the American Soldier." This piece of awesomess was composed of hay. And maybe some metal and a flag.  Hard to tell.

It's like I'm in a parade. But without the hundreds of fans cheering me on...


I still can't believe that he stayed put in this thing. It may have been my heimlich grip around his waist and the threat of walking home if he even thought about escaping...


It's the great big pumpkin, Charlie Brown!!


This, of course, is the, "Milo!  Hop up on the horsey so mama can take your picture!"
"AAhhhhh, NOOOOOOOOOOOO"
...click...


                                                       The fun really doesn't stop here...


                                                                             or here...


or here....I really loved this place...made me want to go buy a farm and put a bunch a fun stuff on it...

and the BEST PART??


BAM. 




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Milo has rejuevenated my holiday spirit!!Woohoo!! Who wants pumpkin bread?? he's my Charlie Brown. So much love, pure love

Mad Mrs. E said...

Yes please!!