It's not blood. Promise.
But then again, what happens in Playgroup...
I've been privy-lucky enough to have some fabulous friends...who happen to have kids at or around Milo's age. And this truely makes all the difference in the world in raising your child(ren). I revel in being able to meet new moms and say, "Hey, you know there's a great moms group here in the county...."
Pretty much a typical playdate at a private home. Where's Milo? He's up at the breakfast bar...probably playing with knives...
This may or may not have been a "Joy to the Mimosa and Eggs" playdate.
Watching Milo try to climb the sandbox. I'm a good mom like that.
Because it takes more than showing up at your local library and attending storytime to socialize a child. It takes more than perusing the diaper aisle in grocery stores to meet new people. Takes more than the toy aisle in Target to entertain a toddler. When one decides to become a stay at home mom, one makes the commitment to work HARD. I'm learning that the older Milo gets, the more he needs... more boundaries, more vocabulary, more learning experiences, more behavior modification...
He's no longer a babe in a bjorn, swaddled and content. A cooing 15 pounder, a diaper change away from the next bottle/breast and teething ring...oh, and it's naptime again...
To teach, to nurture, to feed, to play...it truely does take a village...
T minus 36 days until I have a 2 year old.
(sigh)
p.s. Happy 2 year Anniversary Hip Mamas of C.C.!! Thank you for opening your doors and your Purell to the local mamas! You have helped make my parenting experience FANTASTIC and so FULLFILLING!
And, remember, what happens in playgroup...;)





4 comments:
How are they almost 2?! :)
I know...(sniff)...I know...
Love it!
Thank you Heather for creating Hip Mama! You are such a gift to the moms of C.C.!
Post a Comment