Friday, February 26, 2010

normal toddler behaviors or I'm blaming G'ma for this one...

Oh, Hi! Can I help you with something?

So this is Sir Milo's new favorite activity:  Drag a chair to the sink, stand on said chair, turn on the faucet, fill and dump cups over and over, fill up the sink with water, squeeze a bunch of soap in the water, watch the sudsy water rise, unplug the sink, watch the water fall, splashing water everywhere, soaking the surrounding floor, his clothes, the countertop, my patience...

There's a lot of safety concerns over this.  And there's a lot of tears and anger when I intervene and carry him kicking and screaming redirect him to a water-less, floor level, safer activity. Hey, kid! You remember all those colorful, shiny, plastic, toys we bought you? Yeah. Have it.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Grandma.  She comes up and reinforces lots of fun games whilst babysitting.


The following are some "normal but bothersome" behaviors that he totally learned from Grandma while we were off getting wasted at some dive bar in downtown DC having a date night where they valet and recommend reservations and proper dress code and have linen napkins:

"Milo! Let's play 'heights and balancing!' See if you can crawl on this narrow space! Yay!"

"Can you show me the Ketchup? Good Boy! Now where is the chocolate syrup...?" 

"Can you reach the burners? No? Well let's try standing on the bottom drawar..Good Boy! What great strength you have!"

 "Now, Milo, you be careful with those eggs.  Hey! I've got an idea! Wanna go outside and egg the neighbors car?!"


I can't wait until Milo can talk.  Oh, the things he'll say after a night with grandma!

4 comments:

Kat said...

He's amazing. And don't worry... Ayla is doing the same kicking and screaming when being redirected from dangerous yet oh so fun activities. :) love him.

Anonymous said...

Reinforcment isn't quite what it is, it's more like a cosmic connection of a reunion of our kindred rebelious souls! It's quite deep actually..That reminds me, I'll go pack the bubble bath now..

Mad Mrs. E said...

Kat: someone has got to be the heavy. So let's just get on with it...

Mom: niiiiice job reframing! ;)

The Queen said...

Yes, as Grandmothers, we have all kinds of cool games to teach them. My personal favorite for OC is, let's jump up and down on the back of the couch.