Sunday, July 3, 2011

Charlie and a pair of rose colored glasses

The calf kink is something that prevailed in the 3rd trimester of my last prego-nancy.  It would typically occur at dawn's early light when there was nothing but peace and tranquility streaming through our water and vinegar'd bedroom windows.

Now, at 30 weeks and 1 day, Charlie has decided to revisit the likes of me.

I've been feeling the sore calves, sore thighs, sore vagina (tmi, sorry) for a few weeks now (thank you Relaxin hormone!) but the Charlie Horsey brings it to a whole new acute level of crazypain.

My life partner, a light sleeper to a fault, thinks this girl is in labor as I bolt up in pain, moaning and groaning while I massage and flex my poor calf for several minutes.

The night before I says to my life partner, "I think I'm officially done with being pregnant."

Life Partner replies, "Well, you were feeling that way alot sooner last time.  You're hips don't
hurt do they?"

"No."

The feeling of my hips spreading/expanding started very shortly before my water broke w/ Milo.  My concern of an early labor is ever-present, especially with the L.P.'s work schedule.  Chances of my husband being at the birth are a good 50/50.  Maybe 10/90.  Hell if I know...but I'm an eternal optimist and, as I've aged and experienced, I've grown to trust in the universe that things will happen, as they happen , as they should be, as they were meant to.

So I haven't spent much energy on worrying about a birth plan or the "what to do with Milo plan." I even wrote a poem about it:

What will be will be.
That is the philosophy for me.
I think I'll go hug a tree.

For all I know Milo could be holding my left leg telling me to, "push MAMA, PUSH!"

Part of EQ (emotional intelligence) is knowing what you can control and knowing what you can't. 

As I emerge deeper into the 3rd trimester, closer to the day where I meet my new little boy, feeling the typical aches and pains and fatigue and the oh-em-gee there is going to be a baby up in this house again, I'm not worrying.

Even when a bolt of lightening splits a tree in our front yard and it'll cost lotso money to cut the tree down.
Even when my car needs new brakes and a tire rotation.  And a new windsheild.
I'm not worrying.
Even when my husband will be on "sea duty" for the next 2 years.
I'm not worrying.
Even when my mom plans on moving out west in less than a year and all that she has helped us with will not be so readily available.

I AIN'T WORRYING!

Because I prefer the fairy and gnome happy happy hippy life...



I gotta love that man...




Just a minute of your time

Yes I've been known to delude myself
So let me put those rose
Colored glasses to the test

Now is this real enough for you
'cause blondes here don't jump out of cakes
If that never impressed you much

Come board this lunatic express

~tori amos
"almost rosey"




1 comment:

Minivan Lover said...

Where are you guys in those pictures? Looks cool.