My idea and standards of what is romantical drastically changed when I became mom-ified. You don't necessarily need to go all white linen, expensive perfume wearing, $60 botttle of chardonney, red lipstick and jazz to be considered a "date."
You just need grandma or some other responsible adult to show up and watch the kid.
Here's what the math looks like:
me plus husb minus Milo equals date squared cosign and stuff.
I know, you might need a Texas Instrument to make sense of this one.
We had gotten full-body, 1 hour massages. Which, I highly recomend no matter-no time-any place! Even though I can't lie belly down, there are some WON-DER-FUL techniques to rub out the tension that a prego lady carries in her back and hips (and shoulders and head and neck and legs and feet amen).
Ooh -lala, health insurance should cover pregnancy massages...
In all honesty, if I wasn't pregnant, I'm sure we would have found the nearest sushi and wine joint and vegged out for 3 hours. Sigh, maybe next
After lunch, we stopped in at one of my favorite shops, Sunshine Octopus. They totally fullfill my inner hippy child to no end. I just love all the skirts and tops and tapestries and
"You would look SO CUTE!"
Me: "uh, no."
She pulls out the brown corduroy number.
Me: " Oh, nonononono."
But then again, I've had a massage, I'm relaxed, I'm well-fed, there isn't a 3 year old in sight, and the Jimmy Hendrix playing in the store is really groovin' on me, man....I can't help myself...
![]() |
| Pregnant, self-respecting women do not belong in overalls. This is my truth. |

1 comment:
I'm with you- pregnant woman and people over the age of 5 and men do not belong in overalls.
Post a Comment