Friday, July 8, 2011

31 weeks and then the bathroom mirror shattered at 5am

So I took this picture 7 hours before the mirror crashed out:
the psychotic asshole I'm in a bad mood
I'd love to blame the hormones but seriously, it's not me, IT'S EVERYONE ELSE!

I think, for fun and to keep myself from increasing my stabby atittude, I'm going to start lying.  If I have to answer one more freakin' question about the elephant in the room (MOI) I'm going to start throwing cat feces in faces.

I've got plenty to spare YA'LL!

I'm totally over the whole "if you're pregnant than your body and your life are up for detailed conversations with strangers."

And then, at 5am, this happened:


My 5am alarm clock
HOLY.  SHIT.  That was LOUD!
So, to recap, our tree fell down and now the mirror.  Is someone trying to tell me something?!

And can I just say one thing...for some reason WAY WAY beyond me, my son tends to wake up at about 6am...but only on the weekends. 

This particular morning I HAD to be up early (6:30ish) so I was anticipating Milo being my alarm clock to make sure I was up and about.

And then the mirror happened.  At 5am.  It was some kind of spontaneous, spur-of-the-random-thing that just. happened. 

Yes, the bathroom mirror just FELL OFF THE FUCKING WALL.

Thankfully, the husb was still home to help to clean up the mess.  He was, in fact, 2 floors down shaving when he heard the huge crash and my scream-like-a-girl scream.

And Milo did not wake up.

And then the vacuuming.

And Milo is still sleeping soundly.  In fact, I had to wake him up at 7am to make sure we were getting out the door on time.

Over the weekend I remember thinking, "What does it take to get this kid to sleep IN?!"

Apparently a shattering mirror and a good old fashioned vacuum cleaning does the trick...

go figure...


and goodbye mirror

so does this means I can now tear down that tacky-ass wallpaper, get a cool new mirror from Home Goods AND repaint?!

Woo-HOO! Let the nesting begin NEVER END!


Me: 31 weeks and wondering what next week will bring...

Stats:

Still to go before I'm a rational human being again:
8 weeks 6 days

Which is:
62 days

Time passed since I've lost all contact with reason:
31 weeks and 1 day

Milo's brother is as big as a:
head of lettuce (estimated at 18 in, 3.2 lbs)

Song in my head:
ring around the rosey, pocket full of posey, ashes, ashes, WE ALL FALL DOWN!

No comments: