Tuesday, June 14, 2011

warning: mushy nostalgia hormone in effect.

26 weeks pregnant, with Milo
Uh...  Really?  I hardly even look pregnant, much less 6 months along...


26 weeks with #2.
I've met many a-lady who say how different they carried each of their children.  Whether girl or boy or all boys or all girls, each pregnancy was different and unique in their own ways.  And then there are some women who say their pregnancies have been nearly identical.

My lifestyle is certainly a tad different than when prego with de Milo.  I'm not commuting an obscene amount of time and gas up and down the interstate 5 days a week, working 40 hours/week.  I don't have the luxury of sleeping in every weekend.  Well...at least when the husb is off on one of his super important, super top secret excursions across the country and underwater ship cruises.  Otherwise, thankyouverymuch for taking on "dad duty" at 6am on saturdays and sundays... :) Muah, me love you long time!

And the big one:  I have an (almost!) 3 year old to contend with.  Milo has finally caught on to the *change* in mama's belly, the little brother that will metamorphosize this little 3-some into a full-fledged family of four.

"Milo, where's the baby?"

"Mama's belly!"  -as he points to my boob.



Milo has spontaneously kissed my belly -which I used to think was kinda weird when I'd see pics of little toddlers kissing their mom's big 'ol pregnant belly.  But I get it now.  It's love, it's bonding, it's endearing...

And, as I'm closing in on the 2nd trimester -the 3rd (and FiNaL!) showcase showdown in T minus 2 days!- I've been amazed how quickly this prego-lisciousness has gone by.  Some days "easy", some days "painful and achy and yucky and tired and all the above" this has been a wonderful journey I've been blessed/amazed/thankful/happy to make.  And to do it this time around -with more confidence, less anxiety- while sharing it with my *life partner* (yes, I call him that from time to time.  The gays don't get to have all the cool lingo ;) and with my not so little bundle of joy is just all I've never thought I wanted but -and to quote The Sound of Music-

 "Somewhere in my youth, or childhood, I must have done something good..."


hang on, little man...You won't be a singleton for much longer...


No comments: