Tuesday, June 7, 2011

26 weeks

Knock-knock.  Who's there...?
I woke up this morning to some rhythmic bumping just above my belly button...Didn't take me long to realize that Junior was hiccuping. If I was to do kick counts throughout the day, I'm sure it would be in the millions...this pregnancy has been so full of energy. More on his part than mine. Whenever I hear of how the 2nd trimester brings more energy and sense of well-being I just roll my eyes and sit in the "I'm the exception..." chair.


I find myself tossing/turning so much at night, while Junior does the exact same thing. Like some kind of twister game. Mommy moves, now I move. I move, then Mommy moves...

And then, as if on cue, Milo cries out from his room. Sleep for him hasn't been much better either. He's been getting up right around the 6am hour...while some nights not falling asleep until 10pm...ugggggghhhhh!

The husb can even see Junior move from across the room. We'll be lounging on the couch and he'll see my stomach lurch towards him like in some 3D movie.

"Did you see that!?"

"Yeah...that's crazy..."

And we'll stare at my belly some more and wait for Junior to do a few more encores: HIYA!!

And they say baby can hear us and other sounds. I've felt him jump from a loud noise. For example, when Milo tests out the range of his vocal chords. You know, using his "outside voice" inside the house. Junior will give me a little nudge and roll, acknowleging his big brother.


3 months to go!


No comments: