![]() |
| It's the little things, ya'll! |
![]() |
| TMI belly shot, for the win! OH! *And* I made the bed. Yeah, baby! |
While at work, I had to sit with a patient in the ICU one evening. Here he was, hospitalized, hooked up to all sorts of wires that made beeping and pumping sounds -and yet- he was looking out for my well-being. "Would you like some water? Have you eatten dinner yet?"
His girlfriend and daughter came into the room during visiting hours. The gf quickly looked at me with confusion and a bit of "Who the hell is this?" I quickly introduced myself as a staff member and why I was there. After she shook my hand, smiling, she says, "Thank you for being so welcoming. I was wondering who the blonde was and if he had too much going on for me to be here" -as she was glancing at my 7 month prego-belly. I laughed and said, "Oh no-no-no." And, because I can't help myself, I showed her my left hand and said "Married, have a 2 year old and pregnant, -I'm not much of a catch." She laughed, noticeably relieved.
* * *
A man diagnosed with psychotic d/o -on the inpatient psych unit- apologed to me the day after being a total, uh...-not nice person- to me. He told me, "I see that you have yourself a belly and I don't want to be the man who gives you stress and then the baby becomes schizophrenic. You see there's energy waves and the baby's brain is still forming and I don't want to stress those waves. You have to be real careful about these things. So I hope you're taking care of yourself."* * *
Ladies allowing me to move ahead of them in the bathroom line. Always a plus!* * *
Fellow prego ladies at the pool -we give each other that "nod" as if to say, "Look at us all pregnant and in a bathing suit chasing after a toddler...high5!"* * *
In other news, the great and amazing achy legs have appeared. I didn't have these nuisance pains when with child-milo, at least not until the very end (like 34-36 weeks HA!) after I had gained 25 some odd pounds and he was probably at least 5lbs. Some days I'm doing the classy waddle-sway because my legs feel as though I've run a marathon -or at the very least jogged on the treadmill on an incline of 10 for an hour at 7.0 without a break. I'm only 27 weeks I shouldn't be this achy! My guess is that he's positioned in a way that puts added pressure on a vein or something or other. Needless to say my gym days have been limited lately. But I'm thinking a yoga class needs to be a-happening soon...or at least a message...Oh! And I am sooooo HUNGRY! Here's to gaining MORE weight! (That's the idea, right?) *clink*
![]() |
| Feed ME! |
The baby is as big as a:
Cucumber (15in, 2.2 lbs)
Still to go:
12 weeks and 5 days
Which is:
89 days! (WHAT?!)




2 comments:
You look beautiful.
You look great! The aches just get worse with each pregnancy :)
Post a Comment