 |
to not EAT HIM UP!
Especially when he plays so NICELY with others...I think it's a mixture of the skills he's learning in day care what with being exposed to so many social opportunities...and, of course, the amazing spot-on parenting skills I have acquired in the last couple of years!
There was a time -not so long ago- where every playdate was filled with edge-of-your-seat anxiety -just waiting for the inevitable hair pull, bite, shove, grab of a toy, an epic Ice Age meltdown...
Milo still has his moments...trust me...
But today I saw a boy who was using words "Don't touch please", "Thank you." He understood when I said, "We're sharing" or "Let's take turns...okay it's Jane's turn now."
It's just plain amazing to see how he understood -without whining- the concept of playing with his peers as opposed to mere parallel play or the grabbing/fighting "MINE" play.
|
I think it's just about every parent's dream to have a child who listens, who shares, who has manners, is polite, is cute, laughs, is told things only
once and is just plain
easy going...
Today, I had that kid.
It truely makes all those
other days -
worth it...
2 comments:
Love the photos! Milo is an adorable little guy. Finn had a great time with him.
Seriously. So glad you had one of those days today!! Hopefully there are tons more on the horizon! (ok, and a few bad ones, just so my kid doesn't look bad!)
Post a Comment