I've turned on a dime and there you are calling me mama, eatting a popsicle and showing me where every clock, kitty, dog, circle, star, airplane and baby is in a book.
You easily eat with a fork -steak, lamb, chicken. You easily drink from a cup (and sometimes straight from the juice carton!) -protein shakes, carrot smoothies, water...and, your favorite, JUICE!
You walk up and downstairs, jump on and off furniture, you give spontaneous hugs to your friends.
You laugh at Sesame street, stare in amusement at The Wiggles, and dance with Barney. You ask for Yo Gabba Gabba (GA-GA, GA-GA) by name every morning.
You easily say "Hi" to every "baby" at the grocery store and wave "bye bye" to others in the parking lot as they drive away.
You grab your ear and say "loud!" when a motorcycle drives by and shout "TRUCK" when you see them in the road or parking lot. You shout "plane!" when one flies high above, and you easily spot the "moon!" no matter if it's day or night...
You sleep through the night. (HALLELUJAH...HALLELUJAH!)
But you still get up between 5:30 and 6am. 6:30 if we're lucky...
When you were 3 days old we returned to the hospital for a bilirubin check. You're jaundice numbers were pretty high at your birth. A mere 24 hours ago we had been discharged. There was a lady in front of me who was holding her baby. I overheard her say that her son was 1 week old. I remember staring at her in complete awe and amazement.
I remember thinking, "WOW. She survived the first week. It can happen!" It was Monday morning and I hadn't slept since Thursday. When I presented you to the world that Friday morning I was so excited, hormones and adrenaline surging through my body! You were finally in my arms, a perfect tiny human.
When I was pregnant I remember, embarrasingly, thinking: I can't wait to have this baby and feel normal again! Thinking my life would shift right back to how it was before conception.
Ha! You've taught me better than that...
You have joined our life and we joined yours. Everyday I seek out a new balance. Your awareness, your consciousness, your personality gets bigger as you go through your day, exploring the world around you.
The past 2 years have been a ride. Moments where I have felt completely intolerant, inept, and so bothered with...everything. I remember feeling guilty for needing sleep. I was angry at my body for not being able to get by on little/interrupted sleep. Crazy, I know. Thinking, I should just know how to do this! And do it well! I have books, I'm educated goddamnit!
But it wasn't until I put the books down, opened up and tuned in to my instincts, and asked for help, that I started feeling some confidence in parenting.
Don't get me wrong...I'm still fumbling my way through....
So the pay off?
Well, I think we all know the answer to that...
Milo turns 2!! And continues to break hearts. Specifically mine...
keep growing my little baby boo-boo bear, but not too fast...
TWO!
love,
mama


.jpg)

1 comment:
Happy Birthday Milo-man! The adventure has just begun
Post a Comment