Sunday, May 23, 2010

spilled milk


It's been awhile since I've posted the latest and greatest.  This picture kind of sums up my current reality.  Realizing priorities, choosing battles, and "will this matter a year from now?"  It's when I keep it simple, being in the moment, and appreciating what I have that makes me the most content.  Having a child can most certainly keep one grounded.  He reminds me everyday that family is the most important.  Love is the most important.  Not a lush, green front yard.  Not a spotless, streakless hardwood floor. Or an empty dishwasher.  Or a stain-free couch.  Or matching socks. Or wondering if it's time to cut his hair again. Or do these curtains fulfill my idea of what my living room should look like especially since we just painted the kitchen and now I'm thinking the hallway needs a face lift and that hallway light is just plain tacky and the knocker on our front door has the last name of the former owners who we inherited all sorts of problems from like that damn ugly carpet in the basement and the apparent water stain on the ceiling which has kept me from showering in the master bath until we get it fixed fuckitalltohell...I find myself so weary trying to keep up with freakin' houseshit...until I remind myself that there will always be houseshit. Always. Dust, dirt, crumbs, laundry, cooking, miscellaneous home improvements...do not ever get done. And done.

My son is constantly evolving, ever-changing, and I need to witness
 and savor. Not spend energy and time concerning myself over all the shit.

And then there are the situations that come up and ask, beg even, for you to be mature.  People who have made a cameo in your life that don't come with an air of openness or nonjudgmental energy.  I'm trying to see these "challenges" as an opportunity to practice acceptance or (gasp!) patience.  To get to the place where I can say "thank you" to my "challengers" -forgive- and wish them well.

Yeah. So...

So I went outside with my little guy and followed my leader...









Simple. Perspective.

Spilled milk?

Thank you...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Milo can spill my milk anytime!!

The Queen said...

oh how sweet is that, me... well.. I'm practicing the revenge thing.. I want to get it down to a fine art.. I"m close.. I at least remember to hide the bodies now..

he he..

Mad Mrs. E said...

mom: byom: bring your own milk!

queen: tempting....veeeery tempting