I know you've been checking this blog out, like, every day x3, just to see the same post over and over because I haven't posted the latest and greatest of your grandson in about a week or so.
And, OH MY YES have things changed. Like, one, he now sleeps on the floor. If you follow me on FB (and I know you're stalking me there, too) we have broken down his crib. The one that was recalled a year ago (that I never did anything about).
OMG I let your grandson sleep in a RECALLED CRIB!! For a YEAR!
Where was I?
So the crib is/was a convertible crib. Which, when I bought the thing, I thought was a, like the Brit Brits say, BRILLIANT idea. Because it's supposed to last an American Lifetime. So, aside from the whole recall bullshit, when you convert the damn bed to a "toddler" bed, it's still HIGH UP OFF THE FLOOR. So, yeah, either buy a crib tent (which, By the FREAKIN' way) is not easy to find one that fits a CONVERTIBLE bed or buy one of those side railing things, WHICH, By the FREAKIN' way, unless you are a FOWARD thinking kind of parent (nice job and gold star if you are) and already have these assessories in your home or happen to live right next store to a babys R (rippin' us off) us...
Where was I?
So persons like MOI have to make due and QUICK because YOUR GRANDSON is slippin' himself out of the crib like a FREAKIN' NINJA. NO Joke. Seriously...So, he's in his crib, sleeping, orzo I THOUGHT. I'm down the short hall folding laundry (not joking, I really am folding laundry) and I hear a door moan open. I think it's a cat going into Milo's room. So, imagine my surprise when I see Milo in his doorway. Like a mirror image we both jump in surprise at seeing the other. His lips suck in, his eyes avert in a sheepish way and I, half in surprise, half in WTF is going on! turn him around and lift him back to his crib.
So we do this about 5 or 20 so times until he finally gives in and falls asleep in his crib.
In and out of the crib
In and out of the crib
In and out of the crib.
Not even ONE NOISE was made.
Again, the little sucker is a NINJA. At 21 months.
So the husb comes home and I tell him about how his little seedling can swoop himself out of the crib without so much as a Thump-a-Thud.
So
Think he did this accidentally? Nope!
p.s. All those pillows and blankets are on the floor to *protect* him from falling. His room isn't usually in this ungodly disarray. Trust.
This is what I think about you taking apart my bed: DESTROY!
Over and Over. We are having so much fun now.
Let's take the mattress off!!
2 hours later...
Finally, he naps...
And for your viewing enjoyment, here's a little video of which has amused me for hours...
So now?
We've had to bid adieu to the crib. And Milo is left with this:
kinda sad, really. but, hey, safety first...
Also? I've done away with ALL the bottles. No more BOTTLES. Too much for one week?
So, mom...I'm really looking foward to seeing you tomorrow! You'll be here at 1:00? Just in time to put him down for a nap!!
The husb and I wish you ALL THE BEST!
xox,
MME






1 comment:
He'll get it. Small steps toward a big change :)
Post a Comment