Thursday, March 11, 2010

the upside of daycare: ME time!!

so today?

I had a training regarding nonviolent crisis intervention (super fun!) that ended early.  Like 4 hours early.  I then headed over to Panera Bread and ate at a leisurely pace (the. best. thing. EVER) And then I thought about getting my oil changed.  Then thought: Nah.

Thought about going to the gym. Then thought: Nah.

Thought about going to the grocery store.  Then thought: Nah.

Thought about Milo and wondered if he was napping right about now, like he usually does. Thought maybe I should call the daycare to see if he was napping and, if not, maybe go ahead and pick him up and try to get him to nap in his own crib. READ: a full 2 hours that he can only successfully do in his own crib at this time.

Then thought: Nah.

Thought about going home and taking a nap and then going to pick him up.

Best idea I had all day!!

I love today!

update: So after I had an amazing 2 hour nap, I went to get Mr. Milo...guess who didn't nap?! Again!? DAY 2 OF NO NAPPING!

You could say I had a smidge of guilt...

and then I thought: maybe he'll sleep through the entire night  LIKE HE DID LAST NIGHT HOW AWESOME WAS THAT PEOPLE!! WOOT!

and then I thought:

I love today! Again!

ps: Tomorrow is Milo's pediatric podiatrist appointment.  Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Minivan Lover said...

eee. the no napping things makes me most nervous about day care/nursery school in the fall.
Hope alls well Milo foot-wise :)