Sunday, March 7, 2010

still kickin'

Bonjour Mes Amis!
So WOW, it's been a week and I haven't posted one. damn. thing.  Not even a Wordless Wednesday!  Turns out having a jobby job and a baby who CONTINUES TO BE INCONSISTENT WITH SLEEPING THROUGH THE HOLY NOT SO SILENT NIGHT, a husband who needed an ER visit to figure out why he's walking like he needs a V8 and feeling seasick to be diagnosed asVertigo, then 2 days later (Saturday) when all we wanted to do was move slow and enjoy "family time" over cartoons and pancakes instead we go get xrays for said baby who's walking with his right foot toed-in like MAJAH...can ALL be exhausting...and my brain goes "Hey! Let's write a post and update your faithfuls! And my then my body goes, "How about watching TMZ?"

(btw, the appt with a pediatric foot doc is next week.  Here's hoping that he doesn't need Forrest Gump leg braces for the next 5 years!!)

So short story kept short, daycare is going exceptionally well!  I only cried once.  Or maybe every morning.  Though Milo-man is still getting to know how to sleep his full 2 hour nap without climbing out of the pack and play and all the reports of how he is "so cuddly!" (read: clingy) he has been doing really well!  His sign language as well as his speech have been improving, which correlates to a decline of the whine. He is offered NO BOTTLES at day care! (I know, I know, what the HELL am I doing offering a 19 month old a BOTTLE!).  He easily takes the sippy cup with milk while he's there.  At home? Not-a-so-much!  Surprisingly she hasn't had to be put him in Time Out (yet).  And, honestly, I really don't worry about him during the day.  It feels so good knowing that he is doing absolutely fine!  I pick up my smiling little man who appears well-fed, (semi) well rested, and appropriately stimulated by his new friends and caretaker.

 Now the state of my bathroom? and laundry? and litter box?

whole other story...

we survived our first week of daycare! and the jobby job!

1 comment:

Jaime said...

So glad the Job and Daycare are going well.
I am sure the foot issue will be just fine too!