Friday, March 26, 2010

Romantical, Naptime, and Mistakes

Today was all sorts of planned out.

1. catch up on sleep.  check!
2. go to yoga. check!
3. go to grocery store get romantical dinner supplies, buy potted plants for sad empty pots on porch. go through car wash, vaccum if so inspired, get a haircut, maybe an eyebrow wax, have dinner ready for family by 5pm...

So...what happened?

After yoga, I get in the car and check my phone.  Mistake #1.  Voicemail from daycare stating, "Your husband said you were going to pick up Milo after lunch.  He's already eatten lunch and ready for his nap.  Are you picking him up in the next few minutes or should I put him down?"

(enter guilt)


So I call back and say I'm on my way.  Mistake #2. Afterall, he'll get a better sleep in his own crib, right?

 (side note: I did, technically, tell the husband I would get Milo around noon this morning as they were walking out the door.  But that was only because I allowed the "I get shit done queen" ghost enter my body and talk before I had a chance to realize that that is just...silly...)

Let's fast foward nearly 3 hours.  I've showered, done miscelanneous chores, laundry, read a bunch of blogs,  talked to hubby and asked why he is sabotaging my day, he got all defensive and rude, hung up without saying I love you, listened to my aerobic and choir boy son in his crib, rocked him 3 times, 2 bottles (sue me), and now sitting here with a glass of wine (at 3:30 in afternoon. Yup.).

Huh.

It's quiet now.  The baby monitor is no longer vibrating off the counter with his antics.  You wanna guess how this day ends?

Pizza, beer, and a kid who doesn't want to go to bed until 9pm tonight due to a LATE ASS NAP. This is ROMANCE BABY!

Boo.

Next time?  Wait until AFTER THE NAP to EVER (unless there is an emergency of course) pick him up from daycare. Also? Leave the cell phone at home. And?  Have enough wine in the fridge for back up.

2 comments:

Continue78 said...

Well at least you have the post cathartic blog thing to pull away some of the intensity and disappointment? Every situation becomes a potential thing to laugh (blog) about later... yes?

Mad Mrs. E said...

Cont: do you take HMOs?