because there are all sorts of idiosyncracies that arise like peanut butter, cabinetry, and beer.
"but wait a minute, Mrs. Mad E, your son is only 15 months, what do you really know about raising a son? -you've got a long way to go!" "And, besides which, I'm sure girls can give out all sorts of idiosyncracies as well..."
Ah, yes, it's true. Every door I've walked through lately be it the grocery store, another mother's home, Djibouti, I hear of stories that challenge my supposed wisdom. And it is good.
It gives me a warm and fuzzy knowing that every baby, every mother, every family, really is unique in it's structure. No one peice of advice, no one cliche, no one quirk, no one secret little remedy is the answer to the many -oh, so many- scenes from HOW THE HELL DO I HANDLE THIS ONE??
You do what works -for you -at the moment.
Because, being
Some times, most times, it's not. But that is the room of improvement.
And the day I don't have room for that...is no good day at all...
"Here, son, you don't want to eat tofu and broccoli? Have a jar of peanut butter..."
"You want to grab my hair, head butt me, and then pull your weight to the floor? You need a time out in the cabinet..."
No comments:
Post a Comment