Tuesday, September 1, 2009

words of encouragment

Dear husb,
on your way home can you pick up diapers? (and wine)
'tanks,
me


Dear husb,
ok, we don't really need wine. just thought you'd might want a glass during dinner.
'tanks,
me


Dear husb,
ok fine. It's not you, it's me. I would like some wine.
love you and 'tanks,
me


Dear husb,
I've got a freakin' headache. Not sure if it's from the siren that came from your son's room at 11pm, 1am and then again at 5am last night/this morning. I think the 7 iced coffee's with a lb or 2 of sugar is making me twitchy. Wait a minute, maybe my period is going to start. Let me get back to you.
love,
me


Dear husb,
why do you shudder when I bring up my period? Weren't you the one who was in the room, holding my hand telling me to "push, baby, push, c'mon you can do it!!" ?? And were you not there when I delivered the 6 pounder? and then the goddamn PLACENTA??!!?? And even when you said "no, I don't think I want to cut the cord." And I was all, "the hell you ARE mother F*ck*r!! That's the LEAST you can DO while I'M Giving MOther F*ckin' BIRTH oUT of my VAGINA!!"

and then later you were all, "that was pretty cool."

Please pick up some wine and maybe a bottle of ibuprofen. Oh yeah, and diapers.
love,
me


Dear husb,
Size 4 diapers. Don't you know what size your son wears?? YES, I'm sure he's your son. Just as much as I'm SURE I'm your WIFE.

Oh, and BTW our wedding anniversary is coming up. I HOPE YOU'RE THINKING OF SOMETHING AWESOME TO BUY ME. Because I work very HARD at being your AWESOME WIFE. Now excuse me as I go fold your boxers and iron your uniform.
love,
me


Dear husb,
ok. we both know I was totally kidding about the ironing of the uniform comment. Thought I would lighten the mood.

hope I didn't get your hopes up. but then again, I'm sure you're used to that, too.

You know, I probably don't need any wine tonight. I'm pretty tired. In fact, let's make it an early night. mmmmmkay?
love,
me

ps We still need diapers though. Size 4.

2 comments:

2 kids...3 martinis said...

I think we're sisters. (I would say "twins" but you are entirely too pretty and skinnny to be my twin.)
~Kathy

Minivan Lover said...

on the upside, if you are getting your period and need a pad, maybe Milo will let you borrow some of him number 4s. also, never say no to wine again, that is just plain crazy talk