![]() |
| 30 weeks ago... |
(blink)
![]() |
| today |
Still to go:
4 weeks
Which is:
28 days
The babe is as big as:
Large cantaloupe (19 to 20 in, 6lbs) estimated
With the countdown on for the reuniting and the meeting of the Eason Four, I'm forcing myself to sit. This isn't always the easiest of tasks when my nature is to moveit-moveit. But, in order to keep the labor fairies at bay, I must just simply, sit. And stay hydrated. A sort of self-prescribed bed-rest. Though I'm not moving furniture (my favorite past time), it's been enough just running laundry up and down 2 flights of stairs. Whosever idea it was to put the master bedroom on the top floor and the laundry in the basement was a dingbat. And an asshole. And, apparently, has never lived with a pregnant woman.
On-line shopping was never really my thing, but I've been enjoying the "window shopping" of amazon and etsy, among other, manymany other, websites that advertise ease, awesomeness and feng shui into my world.
Since we're having a baby boy Dos, I haven't had to invest in much to prepare for his arrival. However, it's amazing all the new SHIT out there for babys and parents. And though I'm not tempted by most of it, I have allowed myself a few new items that will -hopefully- make things a tad easier this go-round. The newborn rock 'n play seems to be a big hit with not only on-line reviewers, but also with a few friends o' mine. I like how compact it is. With Milo, the husb would assemble and then disassemble EVERYDAY the pack and play. Bringing it upstairs to our bedroom at night, and then shlep it downstairs to the living room during the day.
Total painintheass.
I also purchased the moby wrap. Though we already have 2 other baby carriers, this one seems perfect for newborns, and, hopefully, more comfortable for marathon wearing. If this baby is like his older brother, he will be a much happier baby in mama's (or daddy's!) arms. Milo most certainly knew the difference between being held by human arms and being cradled by a swing or bouncy seat. He is/was not a fan of "artificial" cuddling. Plus, I just simply love the style of the moby, very hippy chic.
Though I plan on exclusively breastfeeding, I've purchased some new nipples for the bottles I've saved. Whether for pumped breast milk, formula, or a combination of the two, it's nice to have a bottle back up.
Something *new* we will be trying this go-round is cloth diapering! Lately, I've had to prioritize some expeditures (new tires for both cars, new brakes, new clutch, tree removal, yadayada had to come first) so I haven't yet bought my stash of diapers and the cleaning accessories it requires, but I am all-out excited to try them on! I do, however, have a nice little treasure of disposable diapers on hand just in case baby dos arrives before my CD shipment...
I just said I'm all-out excited to try cloth diapering.
Huh...?!



1 comment:
The pictures of you in the dress are great and as i read this Chelsea is next to me in her rock and play. Cant wait to see the new Baby Boy Eason!!
Post a Comment