Please forgive the title. I'm turning into one of those mom's who rattle off lame parenting jokes (loosens belt one notch from mom jeans)
I've been very successful at staying away from chapter 19: All about toilet training. My philosophy thus far is this: I never read the chapter regarding Labor and Delivery, and after 7 easy hours of labor and 20 easy minutes of pushing -BAM I had myself a baybay. (I might be exaggerating. Or forgetful. One of those. Or both)
The body is going to do what it's going to do, man. Peace, love, and the universe. And stuff like that.
If you recall, Milo came a month early so I never had the chance to so much as skim the chapter. When I checked into the hospital, hunching over the nurses station, moaning in THUNDER ON THE MOUNTAIN PAIN, with my pajama bottoms soaked from amniotic fluid ( OH, I COULD JUST GO ON BUT I WON'T!!) I didn't even have a bag packed. I literally kicked the car seat (which was still in the box, wrapped in plastic) out the door while clutching a toothbrush. I had been commuting nearly 3 hours a day and working a full 40 hours a week. I barely had time to fit in the 13 hours of sleep I required to keep my face from falling off.
All I knew, is that someway, somehow, someWHERE a baby would be exiting my body. And, chances are, it would happen whether I read the entire "What to Expect while Expecting" book or not.
If a caveman can do it...
sidebar: I did take a child birthing class. Very informative. They even provided graham crackers and juice. I even got to watch the movie: The case of the hairy vagina and the woman who refused the epidural. Highly recommended.
So, I'm thinking even if I don't educate myself on the do's and don'ts of toilet 101, he will learn how to make the diaper extinct from his life. Effortlessly...
Then again, I really don't want to be changing a 4 year old's diaper...
Potty training? Let's get on with it...

2 comments:
Git yer potty started....hillarius.. Milo got himself the best Mom he could ever imagine!!!xoxoxo
aww...thanks...mom...;)
Post a Comment