Insert 7 random things about myself:
1. Coconut Milk rocks my ass (not in the shitting river kindaway). I luuurve it! The other day, for the very first time, I used a whole can, along with chicken broth to make Jasmine rice. Caramel heaven and fuzzy socks good!! Though I can't make-a-da-love with things like Coconut Cake or cookies -the actual texture of Coconut is yucka pucka for me- I have zero issues with coconut milk, drinks, lotions...etc. In fact, I love the smell...reminds me of the beach. p.s. I miss summertime...
2. I can't do scary movies. NONONONO. They get into my head and I have a hard time moving past the scariness. Good thing the husb also doesn't do scary movies. I'm a sensitive girl. I still cry at the end of The Baby Story episodes on TLC when the baby is born. In fact, I'll cry over a Wal-mart commercial. Easily.
3. A few months after giving birth, I developed an ingrown toenail. It took me awhile to remember to take care of myself. YES, I showered daily, but things like pedicures, haircuts, or simply reading a magazine (non parenting related!) were forgotten. I got the toe surgery thing and now my left big toenail is "not like the other."
Everytime I notice this it reminds me to breathe, take inventory, take me-time. My family needs me to do this as much as I need me to do this. (cue music)
4. Yes, I still watch birthing stories. I can't help myself. (DH: why are ALWAYS watching baby/birth stories?! Me: WHY do you HATE BABIES?)
5. This one time. In the Southwest. The BFF and I took a road trip. (once or twice). We discovered the very cool route 666. SO beautiful! Just make sure you have enough gas because there are a few sketchy no-name gas stations littered every so miles...And besides which, you don't want to be stranded on the side of the road in the middle of absolutely NOTHING! Also, keep your windows up. Bugs that are differently abled can fly right in, caress your face before splatting on the window behind you. TRUE STORY. We took this road on the way to visit the four corners. That spot is the furthest west I've ever been. So, technically, I can say I've been to Utah and Arizona...but not really...
6. So far, I love being in my 30s. I feel more comfortable in my skin than I did in my 20s. Though I'm still mantra-ing to death "acceptance, peace, and gratitude" along with "clarity, forgiveness, and breath" I have more consciousness of these things than I ever did in my 20s. I think being married and having a baby helped me be more confident, secure, and SUCCULANT! And those 3 attributes are necessary to DO EPIC SHIT.
7. I love the idea of having a garden or even a whole DIY lifestyle. It's not that I'm afraid of failure, it's more like....laziness, being easily distracted, and, oh yeah, I'd rather be blogging...(hey! that could be a bumper sticker..."I'd rather be blogging"). So I have a total of 3 plants in the house. And I've had 2 of them since living in CT (surviving 2 moves), and the other one from MA (surviving 3 moves). Not bad, eh? Maybe I could branch out a bit more and have at least a potted garden...new years resolution...?
7 blogs that rockin' roll, in no particular order...(but really ALL the blogs listed on my page rock it!):
1. Minivan Lover
2. The Bloggess
3. Dooce
4. Girls gone Child
5. Lilu
6. Jules
7. 2 kids 3 martinis
If you are interested in doing this yourself here are the "rules":
1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 random and or weird things about yourself.
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog
BTW I'm not doing #4. I'm done with being "productive" today...;)
3 comments:
Why thank you, darlin! You are the bestest!
Hearts to you!!! And I will do this tomorrow....
#5 is my favorite but I'm biased obviously =)
Post a Comment