Saturday, June 20, 2009

The E's comp photo

So here we are as fresh parents...with the little one, a mere 10 days old. Back when I could swaddle the precious bundle and get by on 3 hours sleep. We were living on pure adrenaline, trying to pass the meconium, belly button stub, a high bilirubin count and take care of a circumsion that seemed slow to heal. At this point, I was able to drink a glass (or 3) of wine and eat brie for the first time in 9 months, as I marvelled at my disfigured, flabby stomach...

Fast foward 11 months and now all systems are a go! The wounds heel, the uterus shrinks, and jaundice is a thing of the distant past. I can barely keep baby E still on my lap, I sleep (a tad) more these days and yes, I'm still drinking a glass (or 3) of wine...Cheers!

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Love it! you all look great!