Friday, October 7, 2011

week 5 of the Ari


a tad less floppy: building some muscle for the inevitable:
The Sit Alone/The Unassisted Sit


Pretty much his favorite position: On mommy with easy access to breakfast/lunch/dinner/late night snacking.


I apologize for the silly, generic, stereotypical boy onesie. Blech...
but LOOK AT THOSE EYES!


The Mad Family Four on a Ferris Wheel -go 'round and 'round.
(stopping by the county fair)


"Hey guys, look at mama!  SMILE! I SAID LOOK AT MAMA! OVER HERE!"
click...


CLOTH DIAPERS!
It's a bold move, baby!
We have taken la plunge! As each diaper and its accessories (12 diapers, 1wet bag, detergent, inserts) arrived on our front door, the more nervousexcited I became about moving forward in the cloth diaper revolution.  And although, to date, it's only been a couple days I have to say I LOVES IT!  It's really not as hard/disgusting/time consuming as some would say it would be.  For me, what's another load of laundry?


there will always be laundry.
(Look at my cute sleeping baby!!)
  I'm so impressed with how clean they come out of the wash, how easy they are to use, and how much money we're going to save!  Oh, and one less diaper in the landfill...

In full disclosure, I am still using disposables at night.  This might change later...but for now it's just easier not dealing with the bulk and the snaps when you're half conscious...


In the next few weeks, I'm planning on switching over to reusable wipes as well.  Rumor is I can throw them into the laundry along with the cloth diaps.  Super easy, ya'll...

Who knew I'd be the co-sleeping, baby wearing, cloth diapering, breastfeeding mama that I've become?!  I certainly didn't set out to become a card carrying member of "Attachment Parenting" but HERE I AM!  Turns out this babe (and myself) are just a happier, calmer, more well rested (sort of ) unit than otherwise.  Bottom line is it works for our family and as individuals.  And that's how you get through the day.  And the night...so we're going wit-it.

No comments: