Tuesday, May 10, 2011

22 weeks (mother's day)

This week the baby is as big as a spaghetti squash *8 inches, 1 lb*

This week also marks the beginning of heartburn, 'roids, and melasma.  But, hey, mama got a cute bump.

For mother's day weekend, we took to the road w/ my mom and went as far east as we could (without leaving the U.S., that is).



The past 2 summers of taking Milo to the ocean were -in a word- challenging.  He had no tolerance for "hanging out" under an umbrella and relaxing next to the tides.  Oh no.  This year -albeit a short weekend jaunt- he was more persauded to bond with the beach and just enjoy....


helping Granny put up the tent

We had beatiful -72 degree-weather and no crowded beach!



I do believe I have a beach lover on my hands.  Finally!


And I did a little of this...


and experienced a little of that

and then we got busy with some other stuff...

The hotel -being "family friendly"- had an arcade next to the (indoor!) pool. 


Every morning, Milo was very interested in going down there to play.  And -at times-pick his nose.


And lotso quarters were used...

We headed down to the boardwalk and Milo got some superb aeriel views from the Carousel.

and rode some fancy rides.
This is one of my proudest moments (not just because I'm sporting some pregnancy boobage).  Milo is not one for restaurants.  And he sat here in a booth.  The entire time.  I ate a salad and 2 slices of pizza while sitting -not chasing a 2 year old around while waiting for a to-go order! Total WIN.  I might have let him play with knives in order to stay seated.  Ahem,yes.

Thank you, mom, for making this a special weekend for us.  (And putting up with my moody, uncomfortable, wish my husband was home, pregnant and sober self!)

And thank you, Milo, for making me a mom (and reminding me to have fun and play a little...)


3 comments:

Minivan Lover said...

Cheers to a super Mother's Day weekend! (That cheers cup will be filled with cold white milk of course.)

Mad Mrs. E said...

*clink*

smile said...

What a great weekend! Gotta love mommas/Grannys. I am glad you were able to get away and enjoy yourself.