Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Inside the mind of an artist.

This particular piece, done in the medium of crayon on paper plate, forces the viewer to think of the ever growing culture of reality.  Where does yours begin?  Do endings exist?  Recently, Milo has been inspired by performance art.  Perhaps this piece identifies his love of the human figure and it's graceful dance.


Let us take a closer look at the series that he has been working on.  Tentatavely titled, "Muses from Day Care."
Spoon Painting shows how the artist was influenced by the German Expressionists of the early 20th century.  This is a transition piece into post modernism.  Brilliant.
In this piece, Painting with Balls, the artist demonstrates the struggle between the balance of the chaos of the teetering strength of Zen.

 Painting with Craft Sticks is a love story between the rain and the thunder. Does one work without the other? Can thunder function without the fluidity and the softness of rain? Will the rain change it's direction if there is no thunder clap? The artist brings so many unanswered questions with this piece.

Painting with Tractors is one of my favorite pieces.  As the curater of the Milo show, I have struggled with which pieces to showcase.  This particular painting, I've displayed prominately.  The pull of the crossroads.  Do we venture east?  Have I already been north?  What/Whose side are you on?
Milo kept this piece as "Untitled." The artist gives the viewer permission to free associate without prejudice of the artist.  The use of space is paramount.  He purposely leaves the left side blank.  He is always thinking of the claustophobic. I've heard people refer to this classic as "The Bees Knees following it's path."  I tend to agree.
Here Milo taps into the medium of stamping.  It's a classic, yet post modern take on the use of pre-made form.  You can tell by the use of space and the way he went from firm to loose there was a battle.  Perhaps between cowboy and native american.  Perhaps between democracy and capitalism.  The artist leaves it up to you to decide.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm dyin' heah!!! HYSTerical!!!!!