This was my first time witnessing a New Years Day Penguin Plunge. Oh. My. (25 degrees!)Word. Supposedly it's to raise money for a good cause like Autism or Frostbitefluhives. A friend and I made it out to witness the crazy that is running into freezing water -in this case it's the Chesapeake Bay- going about 1000 yards or maybe it's a mile, I'm bad with distances and measuring in general and then running back and then being all WUUUUUUU!! AHHHHH! coming out of the water all red and RED and then everyone is laughing and shivering and finding their way to the bonfire and maybe a free cup of hot chocolate or cider and then we went home. The End.
I don't make this stuff up, ya'll. Here's some photos (of course...)
Crazy Bitches. Indeed.


3 comments:
You Yankees. Really.
LOVE IT. Do they do it naked??
Kim: Me Yankee? NOOOO! THEM Yankees!
Lilu: Naked? Probably. BRRRR...
Post a Comment